Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California
PPAC’s worked to successfully enact legislation that:
* secured a Medi-Cal reimbursement rate increase for family planning services.
* restored family planning funds when they were line item-vetoed by Gov. George Deukmejian.
* made it a crime to block access to a health facility.
* protects Californians’ fundamental right to choose a safe and legal abortion even if the federal government reduces protections under Roe v. Wade.
* required employer health plans include contraceptives as part of the benefit package (the Contraceptive Equity Act).
* ensured that students who receive sex education in schools receive accurate information on abstinence, human sexuality, contraception, pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases in an age-appropriate manner.
* allowed pharmacists to dispense emergency contraception under statewide protocol approved by the Medical Board of California and the Board of Pharmacy.
January 22, 2018, 11:30 am
After a year of 45, we're tired but still strong. Recharge with us on January 22, 2018 as we celebrate the 45th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. Yup, it's been 45 years since the Supreme Court handed down its landmark decision recognizing that the...